If you think your pet is sick or injured and you’re not sure what to do, call All Valley Animal Care Center in Meridian at 208-888-0818 and speak to one of our experienced staff members. They will help assess the situation and determine whether your pet needs to be seen by a member of our emergency staff.
IF CIRCUMSTANCES PERMIT, PLEASE TRY TO CALL AHEAD SO THAT WE MAY PREPARE FOR YOUR ARRIVAL.
Emergency Situations Include:
If your pet has eaten any of the following substances, please contact us immediately!
- Household plants
- Lilies, Tulips, Poinsettia, etc.
- Rat poison
- Household cleansers
- Pool chemicals
- Human medication
- Other foreign objects or excessive amounts of food or garbage.
- Bite wounds
- Broken bones
- Distended abdomen
- Hit by car
- Excessive bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Heatstroke, frostbite
- Inability to walk
- Sudden collapse
- Trouble breathing / Gagging / Choking
Disease and Illness
- Coughing, sneezing, or difficulty breathing
- Changes in behavior, appetite, or stools
- Bumping into things, becoming disoriented
- Allergic reactions, including swelling, rashes, or itching
- Inability/straining to urinate
- Pregnant animals that have gone more than 3-4 hours between delivering puppies or kittens
- First time seizure, seizures lasting more than 3 minutes, or multiple seizures
- Signs of pain such as whining, shaking, hiding, or dull behavior
- Vomiting blood/passing blood in the stool or urine
- Diabetic animals refusing food